When I originally saw the denim vest popping up at retailers earlier in the spring, I wasn't sure what to make of them. I felt that maybe the world wasn't ready to re-live those Clarissa Explains It All years. However, like many trends, this one started to grown on me, and now I have one at the top of my shopping list. I feel like this is a great transition piece for late summer and into early fall. As of now, I have really fallen in love with the denim vest styled in an ultra-feminine way:
Here is my feminine formula for styling the denim vest:
1. Pick a denim vest that is nice and structured.
2. Pair it with a flirty dress.
3. Add some sexy heels or glammed-up flats.
4. Drape on some classic accessories.
5. Finish the feminine vibe with a swipe of your favorite lipstick, a spritz of your fave perfume, and you are good to go!
Below are three examples I have created for more inspiration on how to wear the trend:
How do you feel about the denim vest trend? Did you snatch one up when they hit stores? Were you a bit more reserved like me? Or are you just flat out against them? I'd love to hear your thoughts!