There is a chill in the air in the mornings here now that reminds me of what is to come in a few short weeks. Goodbye to light layers, hello to winter coats! I for one love to bundle up, so coat shopping is something I look forward to at the beginning of each winter season. There is no shortage of stylish options out there, and there is sure to be something that keeps you feeling chic from the first frost through the last drop of rain. Here is my round-up of nine no-fail winter coat favorites!
1. Basic Black- you can't go wrong with a basic black coat in a sleek silhouette. It will go with everything.
2. Fur Lined Parka- in a military green, these look great with denim and booties!
3. Contrast Sleeve Trench- a classic trench is a definite must-have, but this season why not give it a little edge with contrast sleeves!
4. Quilted Puffer- nothing keeps you more toasty than a nice long puffer. I'm loving the feminine shape and color of this one!
5. Camo- I just gushed about my camo jacket find, and I have already found it to be surprisingly versatile. The heavy canvas is really warm too!
6. Stripes- Go for an unexpected ombre stripe pattern to amp up everyday looks.
7. The Cocoon- No doubt the hottest shape of the season, cocoon jackets have rounded shoulders and are loose and unstructured. Talk about comfy!
8. Plaid- A fun plaid gives you that real "cozy in a cabin" feel! You can't go wrong with a black and white buffalo plaid.
9. Peplum- The peplum trend is carrying over into jackets now, and while I'm not sure the shape is right for me, it certainly is flirty and fun. This particular jacket would be great over a dress for a holiday party!
What are your favorite style coats this season?