Old Navy is having a "Stuff & Save" sale for cardholders this Wednesday 7/11. 40% off your entire purchase in-store is always enough to get me down there, and generally it is the only time of year I go since the nearest store is 30 minutes down the freeway from me. (Yeah, I don't get out much anymore). In these type of sale situations I believe it is best to go with a well thought out plan of what to purchase so you don't go too overboard. My plan is to already look ahead to pre-fall, and buy things that I know will work for me as the weather begins to chill. Below I share the items I have picked out, and my reasons they made it to my list.
1. Patterned Cardigans-Cardis are a no-brainer when it comes to fall layering. Leopard and polka dots are classic prints that will definitely be in style for as long as these will hold up.
2. Patterned Blouse- I chose this top because it reminds me of the style of one of my favorite, more expensive brands, Tucker. I like to look for pieces at discount stores that are similar to higher-end options that I cannot afford. A nice blouse like this can be dressed up or down and layered with a cardi in the cooler temps.
3. Shoes- I love Old Navy's selection of trendy shoes at great prices. They are such a low price to begin with that these sales make them ridiculously cheap! This ikat epadrille will work well for fall because of it's dark color palette. The leopard flats are another classic no-brainer, and I'm throwing in these sandals because I have had a similar style on my wish-list all summer. I think it is definitely ok to snatch up a few more summer items while you still can, especially when it is something you have had your eye on for awhile. I would just steer clear of summer impulse buys at this point.
4. Layering Tanks- I freshen up my supply of these every season.
5. Scarf- My love affair with scarves knows no bounds and transcends all seasons ;) There is always room in my heart and closet for another scarf.
6. Colored Canvas Crops- I have picked these simply based on the color similarity with this Jcrew vest I have been lusting over. Unless the vest goes on super clearance I will probably never buy it, so these pants are basically my filler!
There you have my strategic tips for shopping the Old Navy sale this week! Are you planning on going? What do you have your eye on? Below I've added a widget so you can conveniently scroll through and see what else is in store at Old Navy, to help you plan your trip! Simply click the arrows to scroll through, then click on the item you are interested in to be taken to the Old Navy website.
*this was not a sponsored post, simply the ramblings of a girl who likes an Old Navy sale.