Thanks to mint green, pastels in general seem to be having a bit of a moment. My favorite way to wear them is in a very modern context. I love the juxtaposition between the sweet, girly pastels and the tougher, modern silhouettes.
Here are my quick tips on how to modernize your pastels:
1. Stay away from florals or ruffles-anything too frilly.
2. Pick crisp silhouettes like button-ups, pencil skirts, skinny jeans, blazers and structured satchels.
3. Pair your pastels with black or camel accents to ground them.
4. Accessorize with modern statement jewelry.
5. Swipe on some red lipstick as a bold counterpoint.
6. If you go for a print, pick stripes or geometric patterns.
7. Add a hint of leopard.
8. Color block it!
Get the look:
Geometric print tank, red lipstick, yellow top, mint jeans, leopard flats, gold necklace, white peplum skirt, light blue clutch, bangles, black booties
So how do you take your pastels?